|The Steampunk Society of Vermont is actively seeking a new festival coordinator. |
The Society was born in December of 2014, and held its first festival in September of 2015.
This festival has become a much-anticipated annual event, attracting attendees from all over New England and beyond.
The coordinator oversees a team of managers and volunteers, but does bear the overall responsibility of ensuring the success of the event.
This volunteer position includes a small stipend, calculated at 20% of festival net proceeds,
after the annual $1000 scholarship has been awarded to a local student.
|In a nutshell, the festival coordinator is responsible for:
- overall festival event planning, marketing, and promotion;
- direct communication with entertainers, sound and lighting staff; vendors, venue staff, and other stakeholders;
- supervision of the festival managers;
- managing event set-up, tear-down, and follow-ups; and
- regular communication with the Steampunk Society of VT Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate would have experience planning, marketing and advertising for, and running events such as festivals, concerts, or theatrical productions. A more detailed list of responsibilities will be provided upon request. If interested, please send an email to Lisa Mobus, president of the Steampunk Society of Vermont’s Board of Directors, at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and contact information, a brief description of what attracts you to this position, and a resume’ detailing relevant experience. The Steampunk Society of Vermont (Society) was born in December of 2014
and almost immediately began planning to launch an annual
Springfield Vermont Steampunk Festival (Festival) that was planned for September of 2015.
This Festival attracts attendees from all over New England and beyond.
It began with a very small group of volunteers planning it and managing it
including a Coordinator who was in charge of everything and everyone.
Although the Coordinator does have help with volunteer Managers and volunteer teams,
ultimately it is their responsibility to make sure it all comes together.
The festival coordinator must:
- have strong organizational skills and be able to successfully meet deadlines;
- have experience running planning meetings, managing individuals, and holding staff to deadlines;
- be capable of operating within a set budget, keep accurate records of spending, and consistently provide financial reports to the Board of Directors;
- be proficient with basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, managing social media pages, etc.;
- be willing to learn about Steampunk history so as to be well versed when dealing with the media;
- be comfortable with interacting with the local community via interviews, press releases, correspondence via social media, and the like; and
- be able to stay calm under pressure, trouble shoot, provide staff direction, and objectively evaluate the success or failure of all aspects of the event.